Sunday

Wagging It

The Eleventh of June Two Thousand and Eleven. Saturday.

In my younger days I wasn't entirely as conscientious about turning up for school/college/work as I might have been. I have played darts in an afternoon while listening to Mike Sweeney on Piccadilly Radio, I have missed rehearsals because I have been feeling a bit down and once I didn't even turn up for my first day on the job because I was caught in traffic and the resulting prolonged thinking time made me want to do something else. Desperately.

I have cooked my goose with the civil service. They were worried when they used to see me sitting outside with my head in my hands and during one bout of absence sent people around to a) make sure I was ok and then b) tell me not to bother them any more.

I'm not sure I have a work ethic.

And yet...

Maybe it's having a family, maybe it's having a job I don't entirely hate, maybe it's even having grown up a bit, but recently I've gone to work when I'm supposed to. I even got a letter thanking me for it this morning. Even now that's an odd feeling.

So tonight I'm going to share with you that letter interspersed with pictures that may or may not be relevant.

Here it is:

Dear Vincent,



Twelve Months 100% attendance achievement - 2010



Congratulations! You are one of 75 members of the First Transpennine Express Stations and Revenue Teams who have maintained a full attendance record during 2010.



We regularly monitor staff attendance through the year via the company's Managing Absence procedure but have also taken the opportunity to recognise, on a positive basis, all our colleagues who have had no sickness absence at all throughout the last calendar year.



Your 100% atttendance record is very much valued and appreciated. Thank you once again!

More soonliest.

No comments:

Post a Comment