Thursday

Of Paper-Thin Walls and Loneliness

The Second of June  Two Thousand and Eleven. Thursday.

I don't live in Japan (one of the many places around the world I don't live) but I sympathise with the plight of some of their citizens. Sympathetic Resonance you might say as I am referring to the vibrations many Japanese have to endure what with there being all those earthquakes and that. My own bad vibrations (if you will (if you won't as well, really (what's that song by The Zutons called? You know, the one that goes 'you may, you might; your chest gets tight; you say you love day but you come out at night.' (checks iTunes) Oh. It is actually called You Will You Won't. Should've guessed that really (and I quite like the Zutons (and as I've said in an earlier blog I like A to Zs, so I've just been inspired to make a list called Autons to Zutons. Brilliant. That's tomorrow night's blog sorted out) but not enough to make them my First Music Recommendation. That will have to wait.)))) are due to the washing machine that lives upstairs entering its spin cycle ('and a tricycle has one more cycle than the washing machine'. Didn't have to wait long. Ladies and Gents, the First Music Recommendation is They Might Be Giants' kids album Here Come the 123s)

I think the washing machine lives alone. Certainly the post for the upstairs flat only ever says 'Mr W Machine' - there doesn't appear to be a Mrs Machine or anybody else at that address. But my other neighbours seem to have someone with which to share their life. This I know as their acts of congress have on occasion caused plates to rattle in my cupboards and windows to jiggle in their frames. It's all a bit like that scene in Delicatessen - which you might know better as my Fourth Film Recommendation.

I guess what I'm trying to say, what with all this talk of sympathy and what-have-you, is: don't worry. Everybody feels as lonely as a washing machine sometimes.

More soonliest.

No comments:

Post a Comment