Saturday

Beer O'Clock

The First of July Two Thousand and Eleven.
I don't drink much these days. Not that I was a beer fiend back in the day, but I did perform the lagery rite of passage that every young man has to go through in his 20s. I still get a warm glow thinking of the nights spent at the Pendlebury Miners' Club, playing snooker badly (although I did once beat my best friend in a black ball tie game where I potted the lone black from the break), playing darts slightly better and eating those deep fried garlic mignon morceau things. Followed by pie and chips from Bryan's Fry Inn. We then went back to my best friend's Gran's house to watch that night's Prisoner Cell Block H on tape. His Gran hadn't sussed how to work the timer so she just left a 4 hour tape running to catch it.
Tonight I am at Meaty Flavour's house in Worksop, visiting with friends and having a lovely time. Back home I've hesitated in the supermarket over buying beer. A little drink with my tea would be nice but I almost always go for a soft option instead. But tonight I've had a few tins of stout and frankly that's enough. Nicely relaxed and ready for bed.
More soonliest

No comments:

Post a Comment